BISCAYNE GREENRE-IMAGINING THE BOULEVARD
CALL TO ARTIST
This is an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for artists to participate in the improvement and restoration of Downtown Miami. Through this project, artists will gain exposure in the arts, receive media publicity and help create a public space for the community to enjoy. All participants are encouraged to be creative and contribute designs that the community will treasure.
But first, here the guidelines:
• Please submit a low-resolution JPEG file of your design proposal that will be displayed on one of the columns/pylons along the park.
• Please keep in mind; the measurements of the columns are 9’ H X 18’ W feet. Your proposal must show that your artwork has the ability to fit these measurements. (See mockups)
• All submissions must follow the rules listed or they will not be considered.
Entrants of all ages are permitted to apply.
Open only to residents of the U.S. Void where prohibited.
Competition is open to all artists, but keep in mind this is a digital art contest.
January 06-29, 2017
Arts & Entertainment
Food & Drink
Biscayne Boulevard between
SE 2nd and NE 1st Street
Miami, FL 33131
• All entries must follow the project’s theme; “Urban Park.”
• An urban park is an oasis in the midst of a large metropolitan city. Miami is one of the major urban U.S. cities without a world-class pedestrian promenade for people to meet and events to unfold. That is, until now. This concrete jungle is receiving a major renovation, and we need your help to bring this vision to life. Artists must also consider elements of well-known urban walkways such as the Embarcadero in San Francisco or Las Ramblas in Barcelona, when creating their graphics.
• Only entries that embody this message will be considered
• Only one (1) entry per person is allowed
• Mock up proposal files may not exceed 8MB
• All designs must be completely original
• Content must be appropriate for all ages and free of all obscenities (drugs, violence, profanity, nudity)
• Submissions CLOSE on Thursday, October 20th, 2016
• Miami Downtown Development Authority and Beefree Media will review all proposals. Winners will be selected upon originality of content, creative interpretation of theme and adherence of criteria provided.
• There will be sixteen (16) winners selected in total, as there are sixteen (16) columns/pylons along the walkway.
• Winners will be designated one (1) column for their artwork to be displayed. Exact location of your pylon will be at our discretion.
• Winners will have their name displayed accordingly on their artwork. This will allow artists to gain exposure and press coverage.
• Artwork on pillars will remain displayed until spring 2017.
Thanks to our Sponsors.
A special thanks to our sponsors: